Quote and buy your insurance directly with Thor Insurance
Get a quote and buy Builder’s Risk / Course of Construction insurance online in under five minutes.This Builders Risk (Course of Construction) product offers Project-specific Property Coverage and Premises Liability with limits up to $2,000,000 for new construction and renovations.
Designed for Residential and light commercial buildings with wood frame construction.
This policy can be purchased by Building Owner, General Contractor and Construction Manager.
Does your project include
heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) or electrical and building automation systems?
Then you need need Equipment Breakdown Coverage for your COC
- Back-date coverage up to 14 days
- Project length of 24 months or less
- General contractors/Project Managers with at least 2 years of experience
Eligible Projects include
- Light Commercial Buildings
- Multi Family Residential up to 8 Family units
- New Construction
- Only Wood Frame Construction
- Renovations and additions excluding existing structures
- Single Family Homes
- Up to 4 Story buildings
- Property – Hard cost of completed project
- Soft Costs – are the indirect costs associated with a project outside of the physical construction. This often includes non-tangible items such as design work, inspection fees and interest on loans
- Rental Value
- Additional Living Expenses
- Change Order Coverage
- Equipment Breakdown – loss or damage caused by electrical arcing and mechanical breakdown
- Sewer Backup, Flood and Earthquake
- Premises Liability
Payment Options: Annual
Eligible in Alberta and British Columbia
Would you like to speak with an insurance professional
about your other personal or business insurance? Complete our Quick Contact form at the right of this page and we will reach back to you.